For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is One Scream Limited whose data protection registration number is ZA270498.
No information from individuals under 14 years old
One Scream’s Services should not be used by individuals under 14 years of age. If you are under the age of 14, please do not register for One Scream’s Services or provide any personal information about yourself to us. If we believe that you are under the age of 14, we may suspend or cancel your registration and your access to and use of One Scream’s Services until you have provided us with acceptable proof of age. If we discover that you are under the age of 14, we will cancel your registration and access to and use of One Scream’s Services immediately.
What information do we collect from you?
We may collect and process the following information about you:
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US. You may give us information about you:
- when you register to access and use One Scream’s Services. For instance, you will share your personal information with us, including your name, mobile phone number, and your email address. You may also provide us with proof of age if we ask you to do so;
- when using One Scream’s Services, for example if you share any data files or information that contain personal information, such as a recording of your panic scream or your chosen contacts’ names and/or mobile telephone numbers, and any other personal details you may provide; and
- if you contact or correspond with us (for example, by email) and we may keep a record of that correspondence (either directly or through our service providers).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU. Each time you use One Scream’s Services we may automatically collect the following information:
- ·when you use One Scream’s Services, we will keep a record of the details of that usage, including the date, time, location, frequency and duration of the usage. Please also see “Location information” below for further details;
- any comments, opinions and/or feedback you provide to us regarding One Scream’s Services; and
- technical information about your mobile device for system administration and analysis, including your IP address, unique device identifiers, operating system, wireless network interface, device telephone number and network and browser type.
LOCATION INFORMATION. As part of One Scream’s Services, we use an application program interface that you can access from your mobile phone (the “App”). We do not actively track or monitor your real time location when using the App, but if you activate a One Scream alert with a panic scream, our system will record your location, the date and time.
When you first open the App, we will ask you for your consent to use your location data for this purpose. When you are not using the App we do not collect location data. You can withdraw your consent at any time by changing your location data settings in the App or on your mobile device, but this will affect your ability to use the App.
INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM OTHER SOURCES. We work closely with third parties (including, for example, subcontractors in technical services) and may receive information about you from them.
How will information about you be used?
INFORMATION YOU GIVE TO US. We may use this information to:
- process your registration to access and use One Scream’s Services;
- provide One Scream’s Services and information to you that you request;
- verify your eligibility to use One Scream’s Services (e.g. age verification);
- facilitate our administration and operation of One Scream’s Services;
- contact you for your feedback on One Scream’s Services and to help us evaluate and improve One Scream’s Services, for example, by acting on any information you have provided to us;
- create aggregated data which we can use in a way that doesn’t identify you;
- inform you of any new releases, updates or changes to One Scream’s Services;
- deal with any enquiries, correspondence, concerns or complaints you have raised; and/or
- deal with any enquiries, correspondence, concerns or complaints from third parties or to third parties (such as your chosen contacts) involving you and any issues caused by your use of One Scream’s Services.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU. We may use this information to:
- administer and improve One Scream’s Services (including analysing and storing to our backend functions recordings of your panic scream(s) for the purpose of optimising the App’s machine learning algorithm);
- for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- as part of our efforts to keep One Scream’s Services safe and secure; and/or
- to compile reports (which do not personally identify you) of usage of One Scream’s Services.
INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM OTHER SOURCES. We may combine this information with the information you give to us or we collect about you and use this information as specified above.
LOCATION INFORMATION. Details about your location and the date and time that you trigger an alert with a panic scream via the App will be shared with your chosen contacts provided you have obtained their prior consent. We will also use this information for internal analysis and statistical purposes. We may also need to share this information with the emergency services such as the police to fulfil reporting requirements. Any further sharing of location data with other third parties would be on an anonymised basis, except if we are required by law or a court order to disclose such information.
We will not contact you for promotional or marketing purposes, such as to inform you of new products or services that we offer, unless you specifically consent to this at the time you provide your details to us or you expressly request (or provide explicit consent for) us to do so at a later date.
Sharing your information
We may share your personal information with selected third parties in accordance with this policy, including:
- chosen contact(s) for the performance of One Scream Services;
- service providers, for example of IT and technical services we use: Squarespace, GoSquared, Backendless, Sinch and Amazon Web Services;
- suppliers and/or sub-contractors, for the performance of One Scream’s Services; and/or
- government or other law enforcement agencies including the police, in connection with the investigation of unlawful activities or for other legal reasons (this may include your location information).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we sell or buy any business assets or receive investment into our business, we may disclose your personal information to the prospective or actual buyer, seller or investee of such business or assets;
- if One Scream or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us, including your information and information about our suppliers and correspondents will be one of the transferred assets; and/or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or to protect the rights, property or safety of us, you or others (including, for example, responding to an emergency).
Except as explained above, we will not disclose your personal information to any third parties for any other purpose unless we legally have the right or obligation to do so.
We require our service providers to comply with data protection laws whenever they process your personal information.
Transfer of your information outside of the EEA
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, processed and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). This would be where it is necessary for us to do so in order to provide One Scream’s Services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Security of information
One Scream has implemented reasonable technical and organisational measures to protect information we collect from you to prevent accidental loss, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
The servers on which information is stored are kept in a controlled environment with limited access. While we take reasonable efforts to guard personal information we knowingly collect directly from you, no security system is impenetrable. In addition, we cannot guarantee that any passively collected personal information you choose to include in documents you store on our systems or the systems of third party storage providers through One Scream’s Services are maintained at adequate levels of protection to meet specific needs or obligations you may have relating to that information.
Your account information and access to our service is accessible only through the use of an individual user ID and password. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your user ID password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. Please advise us immediately if you believe your account and/or password has been misused. Please note that we will never ask you to disclose your password in an unsolicited phone call or email.
Retaining your information
Cookies are small data files that we store on your browser and are applied by the majority of websites you visit and applications you use. Cookies contain information that is transferred to the hard drive of your computer or mobile device.
We use the following cookies on our website:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are required for the operation of our website and cannot be disabled.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences.
By clicking “I agree” on the consent box when you first access our website, you accept our use of these cookies.
Please note, you may control and block the cookies used by websites generally at any time by modifying the settings on your browser or device. However, if you use your browser or device settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
For more detailed information about cookies and how they can be managed and deleted please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
One Scream may send you communications or data by email regarding One Scream’s Services, including but not limited to (i) notices about your use of One Scream’s Services, including any notices concerning violations of use, and (ii) service updates.
- Access to your information. You are entitled to see the information held about you. If you wish to do this, please contact us at email@example.com. We may require you to provide verification of your identity to provide a copy of the information we hold. Please note that in certain circumstances we may withhold access to your information where we have the right to do so under current data protection legislation.
- Rectification or erasure. You have the right to request that we rectify or delete any personal information that we hold about you. Please note, if you request that we erase any personal information that we require in order to provide One Scream’s Services to you, you will no longer be able to use One Scream’s Services. This right does not extend to non-personal information. Please also note that it is likely to be necessary for us to retain your personal information for the purposes of assessing and verifying data that is submitted on the App and to manage One Scream’s Services, so therefore your rights under applicable law to request erasure may be limited accordingly.
- Change of preferences. You can change your data processing preferences at any time. Please note, if you submit a request for us to stop processing your personal information in a certain way and this type of processing is required in order to facilitate your use of One Scream’s Services, you will no longer be able to use One Scream’s Services following your request to stop the relevant processing. Please allow at least 5 working days for your request to be actioned.
- Complaints. If for any reason you are not happy with the way that we have handled your personal information you have the right to make a complaint to the ICO.
Updating your information
You may review, correct, update or change your personal details at any time by amending your personal information page within the App.